The 3 I’s for the Personal, Social and Health curriculum
Our PSHE curriculum is designed for pupils to:
- Know more about themselves, their body, their peers, and the world around them
- Understand different feelings and emotions and how to manage these in everyday life
- Have the knowledge and the emotional tools that they will need in everyday life, both now and once they leave Abbas and Templecombe.
At Abbas and Templecombe PSHE is taught within each class in accordance with the EYFS Framework (Personal, Social and Emotional Development) and the Statutory Framework. Three key concepts will underpin all of the knowledge and skills within our PSHE curriculum. Each class will build upon prior learning; reviewing and revising what has previously been taught and adding new knowledge and developing more advanced skills.
PSHE will be taught weekly as a discrete lesson following the Twinkl PSHE scheme of work linked with the PSHE Association. This scheme has been designed to ensure that “the range of aims and activities covered also help our children to appreciate the diverse communities in which we live contributing to their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development”.
Each class will develop their knowledge and understanding of the following key concepts: Health and Well-Being, Relationships and Living in the Wider World. Children will be encouraged to apply and use the skills and knowledge they have learnt during these lessons whilst going about their daily life at Abbas and Templecombe.
Our PSHE curriculum will ensure that children at Abbas and Templecombe Primary School will:
- Voice their opinions with confidence, appreciating other points of view
- Value the importance of a healthy, active lifestyle to both their physical and mental well-being.
- Mature into respectable citizens of their local and global community
- Embrace the challenges of creating a happy and successful life
Concept and Curriculum Maps
These documents detail our concepts, values link and class teaching objectives for each class.